13201 Manitoba Dr. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87111
Obtain a position in the field of planning or development that requires critical thinking, collaboration with stakeholders and a stimulating work environment where I can support the goals of the organization.
University of Arizona,Tucson, AZ Graduated December 2011
Bachelor of Science Degree in Regional Development, Spanish Minor
- George H. Amos Scholarship, Presidential Scholarship
- Extensive coursework involving Research Writing, ArcGIS, Urban Planning and Policy, Regional Growth and Development
Universidad de Alcala, Alcala de Henares, Spain Fall 2010
- Semester Abroad: Intensive Spanish, Spanish History, Literature and Culture
City of Albuquerque Economic Development Department, Communications Coordinator, Albuquerque, NM: September 2016- Current
- Manage, coordinate and publish content about the progress of a transit oriented development grant which was received by the City of Albuquerque.
- Manage communications plan – detailed plan for coordinating the spread of written and visual content among different channels + achieving specific outcomes.
- Maintain social media presence and website, linked here: greatercentralave.com.
Downtown MainStreet, Social Media and Marketing, Albuquerque, NM: July 2016 – Current
- Coordinated a transition and consolidation of social media channels.
- Maintain social media channels and build capacity for cross promotion across different channels and organizations.
- Develop a Downtown Livability Plan and effectively implement through close coordination with City of Albuquerque staff. More about this plan linked here: Downtown Livability.
YES ART NOW, Social Media and PR, Albuquerque, NM February 2016 – July 2016
- Co-directed a grassroots social media and screen-printing campaign built around the #yesARTnow hashtag.
- Effectively transformed a negative community narrative around a local rapid transit project into a more balanced and positive narrative in one month.
SolarCity, Field Energy Specialist, Albuquerque NM June 2015 – February 2016
- Educated consumers about advantages of low cost solar power with the largest solar provider in America and scheduled hundreds of consultations.
- Attracted new customers exclusively through cold approach at retail outlets, special events and canvassing.
Greater Albuquerque Bicycling Advisory Committee, Board Member, Albuquerque, NM February 2015 – Current
- Provide constructive design and functionality feedback to local and regional planners and engineers staff regarding off-street, on-street and multi-use bicycle facility projects across the Albuquerque metro area.
- Engage with engineers, planners, politicians and evaluators to complete the League of American Bicyclists Bicycle Friendly Community application for the City of Albuquerque.
BikeABQ, Board Member, Albuquerque, NM February 2015 – Current
- Support existing efforts within the organization including volunteering with annual fundraiser, free bicycle valet at special events, newsletter articles, social media support.
- Represent the organization at regional and national conferences, providing social media reports and written summaries as well as networking.
- Collaborated with second ABQ CiQlovia event; led to BikeABQ being title sponsor for event.
TEDx ABQ Salon, Lecturer, Albuquerque, NM April 3, 2014
- Lectured on the intersection between technology, social media, event based activism and sustainable transportation. Presentation topics included Nextdoor and UrbanABQ.
Nextdoor, Field Organizer, Albuquerque, NM February 2014 – July 2014
- Lead local employee of nextdoor.com, the private social media platform for neighborhoods; community building startup with a presence in over 40,000 neighborhoods in the United States.
- Demonstrated how Nextdoor could be used to increase community engagement and stimulate purposeful dialogue at over 50 neighborhood association meetings across Albuquerque.
- Canvassed and registered thousands of residents to access online resources on Nextdoor.
ABQ CiQlovía, Co-chair and founder, Albuquerque, NM September 2013 – February 2016
- Fundraised over $25,000 from over 20 local organizations through community presentations and meetings.
- Directed robust marketing campaign which included interviews with multiple TV, radio and print media organizations; used Facebook and our website, abqciqlovia.org, with great success.
- Encouraged collaboration between the bicycle community, neighborhood associations, public safety officials and local businesses; over 2000 people participated in the event.
- Presented results from the event at the APANM Conference and the Albuquerque City Council.
UrbanABQ, Co-chair, Albuquerque, NM February 2013 – Current
- Designed urbanabq.com, a collaborative website with a focus on urban policy in the Albuquerque metro region; maintain related Facebook page, Twitter account.
- Lead weekly meetings about urban initiatives in Albuquerque; average attendance: 10-25 people.
Routes Rentals & Tours, Lead Bicycle Tour Guide, Albuquerque: March 2013 – June 2015
- Engage with locals and tourists by leading bicycle tours for groups and individuals.
- Provide detailed cultural context and information about historic Albuquerque, the Rio Grande River, contemporary cultural institutions, local breweries and wineries.
The Jerusalem Foundation, Intern, Jerusalem, Israel June – July 2012
- Researched projects and prepared reports
- Assisted with social media development
City of Tucson, Consultant, Tucson, AZ October 2011- May 2012
- Performed extensive research, fieldwork and documentation of various indicators to determine the best use of resources in developing six future bicycle boulevards.
- Collaborated with agency staff to design descriptions and provide images for proposed bicycle boulevard network on city website.
Offices of Senator Jeff Bingaman, Intern, Washington D.C. May – July 2011
- Collaborated with legislative assistant to create Open Streets event in Albuquerque, NM that addressed obesity prevention, active transportation and community building.
- Communicated with stakeholders from various communities who had experience organizing Open Streets programs; presented written report to Bingaman’s staff.
- Conducted tours of the Capitol Building for visitors to Senator Bingaman’s office.
Living Streets Alliance, Board Member, Tucson, AZ January 2011 – May 2012
- Founding member of transportation equity advocacy organization.
- Vocalized concerns at city council meeting regarding proposed changes to zoning code; featured in local television news story about those changes.
- Created original content for organization website.
Pima County Bicycle Ambassadors, Educator, Tucson, AZ: January 2011 – May 2012
- Taught bicycle safety classes to wide variety of community members.
- Assisted at numerous citywide bicycle events.
- Engaged with trail users by distributing educational literature along multi-use trails.
ABQ Ride, Planning Department, Albuquerque, NM May 2010 – August 2010
- Redesigned City of Albuquerque bus route system map using ArcGIS.
- Designed transit center schematics using Macromedia Freehand.
- Provided recommendations on transit network design that led to route changes.
SKILLS AND ASSETS
Prolific Writing • Advanced Research • Professional experience with Google Earth, Microsoft Office • Proficient with ArcGIS, WordPress, Google MyMaps, Bluebeam • Advanced Guitar Player