Obtain positions in the fields of planning, development, and/or communications/storytelling that require critical thinking, collaboration with stakeholders, a strong and tech-savvy team, and a stimulating work environment where I can support the goals of the organization.
Common Ground ABQ, Project Co-Manager, Albuquerque, NM
July 2018- Current
- Collaborate with an intersectional group of grassroots community organizations and the City of Albuquerque to create a framework for conversation about changing the culture of community engagement
- Collect and synthesize data about how to improve community engagement between and among large public organizations and community groups
City of Albuquerque, Transit Department; Assistant Project Manager, Albuquerque, NM
September 2018- Current
- Inform the public about transit service changes and other critical information through multiple social media platforms
- Refine and improve the customer service experience through web site changes and other communications systems
- Provide internal technical support for grant applications, policy change, adjustments to service and other essential tasks
City of Albuquerque, Economic Development Department; Director of Communications, Albuquerque, NM
September 2016- August 2018
- Direct public outreach for holistic development initiative for Albuquerque’s Central Avenue corridor; click here to learn more about this initiative
- Manage, coordinate and publish content about the process of building community capacity along the Central corridor.
- Implement a detailed communications plan for coordinating the distribution of written and visual content among different channels + achieving specific outcomes.
- Manage and organize all digital content for the project, social media presence, website
Downtown MainStreet; Director of Communications, Albuquerque, NM
July 2016 – January 2017
- Coordinated a transition and consolidation of social media channels.
- Maintain social media channels and build capacity for cross-promotion across different channels and organizations.
- Develop a Downtown Livability Plan and effectively implement through close coordination with staff from the City of Albuquerque. More about this plan linked here: Downtown Livability.
YES ART NOW; Director of Communications, Albuquerque, NM
February 2016 – July 2016
- Co-directed a grassroots social media and a screen-printing campaign built around the #yesARTnow hashtag.
- Effectively transformed a negative community narrative around a local rapid transit project into a more balanced and positive narrative in one month.
SolarCity; Field Energy Specialist, Albuquerque NM
June 2015 – February 2016
- Educated consumers about the advantages of low-cost solar power with the largest solar provider in America and scheduled hundreds of consultations.
- Attracted new customers exclusively through cold approach at retail outlets, special events, and canvassing.
Greater Albuquerque Bicycling Advisory Committee; Committee Chair, Albuquerque, NM
February 2015 – Current
- Elected Chair of Committee; August 13, 2018 – Current
- Provide constructive design and functionality feedback to local and regional planners and engineers staff regarding off-street, on-street and multi-use bicycle facility projects across the Albuquerque metro area.
- Engage with engineers, planners, politicians and evaluators to complete the League of American Bicyclists Bicycle Friendly Community application for the City of Albuquerque.
BikeABQ; Board Member, Albuquerque, NM
February 2015 – September 2017
- Support existing efforts within the organization including volunteering with annual fundraiser, free bicycle valet at special events, newsletter articles, social media support.
- Represent the organization at regional and national conferences, providing social media reports and written summaries as well as networking.
- Collaborated with second ABQ CiQlovia event; led to BikeABQ being title sponsor for event.
TEDx ABQ Salon, Lecturer, Albuquerque, NM
April 3, 2014
- Lectured on the intersection between technology, social media, event-based activism, and sustainable transportation. Presentation topics included Nextdoor, UrbanABQ.
Nextdoor, Field Organizer, Albuquerque, NM
February 2014 – July 2014
- Lead local employee of nextdoor.com, the private social media platform for neighborhoods; community building startup with a presence in over 40,000 neighborhoods in the United States.
- Demonstrated how Nextdoor could be used to increase community engagement and stimulate purposeful dialogue at over 50 neighborhood association meetings across Albuquerque.
- Canvassed and registered thousands of residents to access online resources on Nextdoor.
ABQ CiQlovía, Co-chair and Founder, Albuquerque, NM
September 2013 – February 2016
- Fundraised over $25,000 from over 20 local organizations through community presentations and meetings.
- Directed robust marketing campaign which included interviews with multiple TV, radio and print media organizations; used Facebook and our website, abqciqlovia.org, with great success.
- Encouraged collaboration between the bicycle community, neighborhood associations, public safety officials and local businesses; over 2000 people participated in the event.
- Presented results from the event at the APANM Conference and the Albuquerque City Council.
UrbanABQ, Co-chair and Co-founder, Albuquerque, NM
February 2013 – Current
- Designed urbanabq.com, a collaborative website with a focus on urban policy in the Albuquerque metro region; maintain related Facebook page, Twitter account.
- Lead weekly meetings about urban initiatives in Albuquerque; average attendance: 10-25 people.
Routes Rentals & Tours, Lead Bicycle Tour Guide, Albuquerque
March 2013 – June 2015
- Engage with locals and tourists by leading bicycle tours for groups and individuals.
- Provide detailed cultural context and information about historic Albuquerque, the Rio Grande River, contemporary cultural institutions, local breweries and wineries.
The Jerusalem Foundation, Project Assistant, Jerusalem, Israel
June – July 2012
- Researched projects and prepared reports
- Assisted with social media development
City of Tucson, Consultant, Tucson, AZ
October 2011- May 2012
- Performed extensive research, fieldwork and documentation of various indicators to determine the best use of resources in developing six future bicycle boulevards.
- Collaborated with agency staff to design descriptions and provide images for proposed bicycle boulevard network on the city website.
Offices of Senator Jeff Bingaman, Policy Assistant, Washington D.C.
May – July 2011
- Collaborated with legislative assistants to create Open Streets event in Albuquerque, NM that addressed obesity prevention, active transportation, and community building.
- Communicated with stakeholders from various communities who had experience organizing Open Streets programs; presented written report to Bingaman’s staff.
- Conducted tours of the Capitol Building for visitors to Senator Bingaman’s office.
Living Streets Alliance, Board Member, Tucson, AZ
January 2011 – May 2012
- Founding member of transportation equity advocacy organization.
- Vocalized concerns at city council meeting regarding proposed changes to zoning code; featured in local television news story about those changes.
- Created original content for organization website.
Pima County Bicycle Ambassadors, Educator, Tucson, AZ
January 2011 – May 2012
- Taught bicycle safety classes to a wide variety of community members.
- Assisted at numerous citywide bicycle events.
- Engaged with trail users by distributing educational literature along multi-use trails.
ABQ Ride, Graphic Design and Communications, Albuquerque, NM
May 2010 – August 2010
- Redesigned City of Albuquerque bus route system map using ArcGIS.
- Designed transit center schematics using Macromedia Freehand.
- Provided recommendations on transit network design that led to route changes.
SKILLS AND ASSETS
Prolific Writer • Advanced Researcher • Professional experience with Google Earth, Microsoft Office • Proficient with ArcGIS, WordPress, Google MyMaps, Bluebeam • Advanced Guitar Player
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ Graduated December 2011
Bachelor of Science Degree in Regional Development, Spanish Minor
- George H. Amos Scholarship, Presidential Scholarship
- Extensive coursework involving Research Writing, ArcGIS, Urban Planning and Policy, Regional Growth and Development
Universidad de Alcala, Alcala de Henares, Spain Fall 2010
- Semester Abroad: Intensive Spanish, Spanish History, Literature and Culture